Payment Types Accepted
We accept payment using all major credit cards and by direct deposit. Payments must be received in full prior to the check-in date or access to the apartment may not be provided. All transactions are processed in Australian dollars AUD.
Credit Card Surcharges
When making payment using a credit card, a surcharge on the total rental amount applies:
Visa or Master Card 2%
Refund and Cancellation Policy
When cancelling your apartment booking completely, we will refund any prepaid amounts (less a $250 administration fee) if the property can be re-booked for the dates of your booking. If a substitute booking cannot be found, cancellation fees are as per the following schedule:
Cancellation Rates & Periods:
Booking Amendments and Extensions
Once you have commenced your occupancy we require a minimum of 14 days notice for any amendments.
Reductions: If you want to reduce your rental period, you must provide 14 days written notice. This means that your rental will be payable from the date you have provided notice for a further 14 nights. If you reduce your rental period without 14 days notice you will be charged up to a maximum of 2 weeks rent. As the original rental rate was quoted according to the original rental period, the rate for the entire period may be adjusted to the applicable rate for the shortened period.
Extensions: If you have an option to extend, 14 days notice must be given to take up the extension. If no notice is given to the office we reserve the right to re-book the apartment. Extensions are at the discretion of the Agent and no guarantee is given that an extension will be granted.
Other: In the rare case that the apartment you have reserved is not able to honor your reservation, we will endeavor to offer you an alternative apartment of comparable price and standard. If this occurs, we will contact you via e-mail and request your authorization to proceed with this new booking. If you decline the alternative, and you were already charged for the original booking, a full refund will be given to you immediately. Short Term Apartment Rentals will describe the premises and location to the best of their ability and in good faith. No responsibility or refunds for alleged misrepresentation can be accepted.
Apartment Rental Conditions
The information about the apartments listed on this website are subject to change at any time and are indicate only. Rental rates vary depending on how long you are staying. Rates are reduced for longer stays. The Christmas and New Year rates are not listed on the website, so please send your inquiry through to us, and our booking consultants will respond with the availability details and rates.
To book an apartment or check availability, you may contact our reservations call centre on 1800 170 100 (freecall within Australia) or +61 2 8030 5510 (International calls) or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details. Bookings are confirmed following receipt of your rental payment. Accommodation is paid for in advance. For stays of up to 1 month, the amount payable is due in full. For stays longer than 1 month, payments can be made in installments. Extra charges may be incurred for monthly payments. In the rare case that your choice of the apartment is not available, Short Term Apartment Rentals reserves the right to provide alternative accommodation of a similar standard.
Pictures of apartments shown may vary and are captured to best describe the apartment or of similar standard.
GST applies to all apartment bookings and is levied by the Commonwealth Government.
Your allocated Guest Manager will meet you at the property with the keys within working hours for check-in. Please call their mobile number on the booking confirmation a few days before your arrival to make arrangements for the key collection. Please read your rental agreement for contact details.
Check-in time is 2pm and check-out time is 10am unless alternative arrangements have been made with your Guest Manager. For very early arrivals, we suggest booking from the night before to secure an early check-in.
- It is the responsibility of every guest to read and abide by these terms and conditions.
- It is the responsibility of all guests to report any issue with the property to the Guest Manager. This includes any disturbance, damage, loss or any criminal matter relating to the property.
- Apartments are to be used only for accommodation. Parties or commercial use is strictly prohibited.
- All damages and breakages payable.
- The number of tenants must not exceed the maximum number allowed and listed on your booking confirmation. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate, with no refund made.
- All apartments are privately owned, please respect this and do not move furniture around.
- Guests should show respect and care for the property and ensure doors and windows are locked when vacated.
- Guests are expected to keep the property at an acceptable level of cleanliness that would be considered acceptable to an average person. Any unacceptable damage resulting from poor cleanliness will be charged to the guest. If cleaners are required to make additional charges these will be passed on to the guest also.
- A departure clean is payable.
- Please consider other tenants at all times and remember that your accommodation is in a residential apartment block.
- Pets are not allowed in all properties.
- Telephone call charges are paid by the guest
- All apartments are non-smoking. Please use balconies if needed.
Departure Cleaning Fee
A departure cleaning fee is payable on each booking.
We are happy to organise extra weekly or fortnightly service cleaning for you. Please consult your booking consultant regarding this.
Our apartments offer a non-smoking environment, should you smoke you will be charged $200 + GST for cleaning and deodorising.
Damages and Breakages
Your credit card details will be held as security. Breakages or damage to the apartment resulting from your occupancy will be paid for by the guest. In the event of damages incurred by you or your visitors to the apartment, your credit card will be deducted with a charge in accordance with the damages and a receipt will be forwarded to your nominated email address.
Phone and Internet Access
Some of our apartments do not have a landline phone connection. Prepaid local SIM cards can be purchased from Australia Post outlets, major supermarkets or any mobile phone outlet shop, which should be usable in your current mobile phone.
Most of our apartments have free WIFI.
Due to the rapidly rising electricity costs to owners, guests will be responsible for paying a "Utility Fee" towards the cost of the utilities for a property during their stay. This does not cover the full electricity bill, only a small portion. Guests will still be responsible to pay for any excess charges should they apply. For long term leases guests may be responsible for all gas and electricity bills (this will be negotiated at the time of booking as it will depend on the rental rate quoted).